Satin Ice Fondant
FMM Strip cutter
Wilton "king" size cupcake pan
Wilton tip 1A
1. Bake your cupcakes in the "King "size cupcake pan using your favorite cake recipe. Remember to grease the pan generously. Make certain that you put enough batter in the pan so that the cupcakes form a dome. This way you can easily cut off the domes to make them level.
2. Let the cupcakes completely cool before you cut them or take them out of the pan. Place cooled cupcake upside down on cake board and brush off the crumbs. Now you are going to crumb coat your cupcake with buttercream. At this point, I put my crumb coated cupcake in the refrigerator to set-up while I am rolling out the fondant. It makes the cake easier to work with.
3. Roll out your fondant, cover cake, and smooth. I use the pizza cutter to make a clean line when getting the excess fondant away from cake.
4. Roll out your fondant to make your rim ( you are going to cut a strip). Take your strip cutter and cut a strip long enough to go around cake, with a little overage, so you can cut a neat join.
7. I used a Wilton tip 1A to make my buttercream swirl, then carefully placed gumpaste daises (see previous tutorial) on top. I used six daises, but made several extra in case of breakage. I broke 3 of them ;-)
Everyone has their own way of making their flower pot cakes, but this is how I make mine. I hope I was able to help you learn some tips. Thank you for looking and have a wonderful weekend!