Image Map

Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Cookie Tutorial

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Here are some St.Patrick's Day cookies I made for the holiday.  Simple, yet effective ;-)



Hint:  You only need one color and one consistency for these cookies.  I use 20 second icing.  I outline the cookies, let them dry for a few hours and then paint them with "old gold" luster dust.  I mix my luster dust with a "little bit" of vodka.  I give it two or 3 coats to get the look I want.  Just remember to let each coat dry before painting the next one.

Then I flood my cookies with the same 20 second icing.

To get the pretty green color, I used Americolor "Leaf Green" with a touch of "Sky Blue".  Sugarbelle has a now famous tutorial for obtaining the perfect consistency for icing your cookies. I posted her video below.  Her tutorials are very helpful.  I follow her blog and facebook page on a daily basis!



No comments:

Post a Comment